2026年9月26日土曜日

「舘ひろし」主演の映画「免許返納」を見ました。/I watched the movie *Menkyo Henno* (Surrendering the License), starring Hiroshi Tachi.


 https://menkyohenno-movie.com/

 日本では、高齢者が関与する事故が頻繁に起きているという誤解が広がっており、警察当局は一定の年齢に達した人に対し、自主的に運転免許を返納するよう呼びかけています。

 また、警察でなく、各家庭でも子どもや配偶者等から、やはり自動車を運転させない目的で、免許を警察へ返納する様に説得したりする行為が成されています。


 ※免許返納に関するルール
 年齢70歳〜74歳: 免許更新時に、「高齢者講習」の受講が義務付けられます。
 75歳以上になると、「 高齢者講習」に加え、「認知機能検査」の受検が義務となります。

 ※映画の概要 
 免許返納にあたって周辺から圧力を受ける主人公にまつわる悲哀を面白おかしく描いた映画です。
 詳しいストーリーに関しては正規ホームページを見ていただければ簡単に知ることができるでしょう。 


In Japan, a widespread misconception exists that accidents involving the elderly are occurring frequently; consequently, police authorities are urging individuals who have reached a certain age to voluntarily surrender their driver's licenses.
Furthermore, it is not only the police who are involved; within families, children and spouses are also attempting to persuade their elderly relatives to surrender their licenses to the police in order to prevent them from driving.

*Rules regarding license surrender:
Ages 70–74: Completion of a "class for elderly drivers" is mandatory upon license renewal.
Ages 75 and older: In addition to the class for elderly drivers, taking a "cognitive function test" is also mandatory.

*Film Overview:
This film depicts, with a touch of humor, the anguish faced by the protagonist as they come under pressure from those around them to surrender their driver's license.
You can find a detailed synopsis on the official website.

 この映画を見ていて、共感する部分もありますが、ちょっと違うのではないかな?と思う部分もありました。
 主人公の「南條」は自動車や2輪車の運転が大好きで、出来れば免許を返納したくないと思っていますが、周辺は70歳の年齢を危険なドライバーだと断定し、免許を取り上げようとするのには、少し憤りを感じました。

 一般的に高齢者から免許を取り上げる行為は、周辺の人達の身を守る為の正しい行為として、若い人たちは認識しています。

 高齢者の方がその他の人達より事故件数が多いと思っているのですが、年齢別の事故件数データを見ると、実は16歳~24歳の若年層の方が、高齢者より遥かに交通事故数は多いのです。
 30歳~74歳までの事故件数はほぼ横並びなのです。
 それでも、高齢者の事故件数が多いと勘違いされているのは、まずオールド・メディアの報道に偏りがある事。
 逆走事故やペダルの踏み間違いの暴走事故など、ニュースソースとして興味を惹く内容が多い事で長時間の報道に成りやすい為、高齢者に交通事故が多いと勘違いされているのが原因でしょう。

 確かに高齢者は頭も体も情報の処理速度が遅くなっています。
 加えて交通や道路環境の情報収集が苦手であり、ナビゲーション装置の使い方を理解できていない人も多いと思います。
 車両の操作方法も複雑に成ってきており、其の為に走行時の心の余裕が無かったりして、とっさの判断や行動が遅れてしまう人も多く、75歳を超えると僅かずつですが事故件数が増えてくる様に思えます。
 最後に、視力低下や聴力低下、そして筋力低下等も緊急時の行動が遅れ気味になるため、事故を防げない事もあるでしょう。 
 しかし、そのイメージだけで高齢者の免許を取り上げる行為は、若い人達のエゴでしかありません。


 私は若い頃からずっと、車を運転することが大好きでした。
 だからこそ、人生の最期まで運転免許を手放すつもりはありません。
 スタイリッシュで車高の低い高級クーペを操り、低い視点から街の景色を眺めながら走ることに喜びを感じています。
 過度なスピードを求めるのではなく、優雅なクラシック音楽を流しながら、落ち着いた佇まいで車を走らせます。
 そうやって運転していると、街の風景が車の背後へとゆっくりと流れていきます。
 こうした静かで穏やかなひとときを、これからも大切にしていきたいと思っています。

While there were parts of this movie I could relate to, there were also aspects that didn't quite sit right with me.
The protagonist, Nanjo, loves driving cars and motorcycles and would prefer not to surrender his license; I felt a sense of indignation at how those around him labeled him a dangerous driver simply because he had turned 70 and tried to force him to give up his license.
Generally speaking, younger people view the act of taking away an elderly person's license as the right thing to do to protect the safety of others.

People tend to assume that the elderly are involved in more accidents than other age groups; however, when looking at accident statistics by age, the 16–24 demographic actually has a far higher number of traffic accidents than the elderly.
Accident rates remain relatively flat across the 30–74 age range.
The misconception that the elderly cause the most accidents stems largely from biased reporting by traditional media.
Incidents such as driving the wrong way or losing control due to mistaking the brake for the accelerator make for sensational news stories that garner extensive coverage, leading to the mistaken belief that traffic accidents are predominantly caused by the elderly.

It is true that the elderly experience a decline in the speed at which their minds and bodies process information.
Furthermore, many struggle to gather information about traffic and road conditions, and a significant number do not fully understand how to use navigation systems.
As vehicle controls become increasingly complex, drivers may lose their composure while driving, leading to delayed split-second judgments and reactions; indeed, it appears that accident rates do begin to rise—albeit gradually—once drivers pass the age of 75.
Finally, declines in vision, hearing, and muscle strength can also delay necessary actions during emergencies, potentially making it impossible to prevent an accident. However, revoking the licenses of elderly people based solely on that image is nothing more than the ego of young people.

I have loved driving ever since I was young.
That is why I have no intention of giving up my license until the very end of my life.
I take pleasure in piloting a stylish, low-slung luxury coupe through the city, enjoying the view from a low vantage point.
I drive with a sense of poise, playing elegant classical music rather than seeking excessive speed.
As I drive, the city scenery drifts slowly away behind the car.
I hope to continue cherishing these quiet, peaceful moments..

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿